Arts community UrbanApa is looking for a part-time communications officer to join its diverse team!
UrbanApa and its background association UTT ry is an anti-racist and feminist community founded in 2009, all of whose activities are based on sharing, community, empowerment and creating space. UrbanApa and UTT ry run a wide range of small and medium sized events and platforms, the biggest one the spring 2023 spring being the anti-racist and intercultural platform #StopHatredNow, produced in collaboration with several other arts and cultural organisations.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist to join us, who will be responsible for communications, marketing and outreach.
The position is available from 15.2-30.5.2023.
Salary: 4000€ + 9% holiday allowance, which corresponds to a total of approx. 1.5 months of work and approx. 220h of work. ( February-March approx. 50h and April-May approx. 170h ). After May, there will be an opportunity to negotiate a continuation.
Interviews and selection will be sought by 25 January 2023.
Work will start on 15.2.2023.
We are looking for someone who shares our community values and is willing to work on developing structures that promote equality and diversity.
The following will be seen as an advantage:
- Experience in communication, marketing and outreach work
- Experience of working in the arts, particularly in the performing arts
- Experience of anti-racist and feminist work
- Experience with general web design software (WordPress, Squarespace)
- Experience of using different social media platforms
- Ability to manage and coordinate event communication tasks between several different actors
- Education appropriate to the role
- Languages Finnish and English. As the official materials of the background association are in Finnish, and most communication will be done in both languages, the applicant must speak and write excellent Finnish. Due to the international nature of the activity, excellent command of the English language is required. Other language skills would be an advantage.
The job will include:
- the preparation and implementation of event communication plan
- the coordination and compilation of event-related marketing materials
- updating and maintenance of the website
- updating and maintenance of social media channels
- press releases
- coordination of graphic material
- translation of materials (from Finnish to English and vice versa)
- other communication tasks
The applicant enjoys working in a structured, proactive and inspiring way, working independently but within a close-knit community. UrbanApa is based in Helsinki, but the community does not have permanent premises, so the work will be done remotely. During events, the work requires working at event locations in Helsinki.
In UrbanApa, the employee has the opportunity to contribute in a concrete way to the transformation of the art scene towards a more equal, diverse, porous and inclusive future.
The selected employee will be inducted between 15 and 28 February 2023 by the current Communications Officer.
Please send your application, CV and any references/recommendations by 16.1.2023 to Sini Kaartinen, Administrative Coordinator, at email@example.com. Put URBANAPA REKRY 2023 in the subject line of the email.
For further information, please contact Sini Kaartinen (+358 44 543 1461) on 5 January from 13-16 and on 12 January from 11-15. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application only after the closing date.
Interviews may be held during the application period.
For more information, please visit www.urbanapa.fi and the intercultural events platform www.stophatrednow.fi.